- HOUSE in GIRONDE €795,000
- 305 m2
- 11140 m2
Light and airy maison de maitre offering spacious reception rooms, 5 bedrooms and outbuildings. Bordeaux 70km
Set over 3 floors, this is an elegant country home. There is business potential: to use existing rooms as chambres d’hotes, or convert the outbuildings into gites. Garden mostly lawn, with fruit trees and other mature trees, swimming pool and outbuildings.
Situated in a little hamlet and surrounded by beautiful countryside, yet under an hour from Bordeaux.
The nearby town of La Reole provides all amenities and commerce, including a railway station on the Bordeaux to Toulouse line.
Download Brochure Print Brochure 360 Virtual tour
agency fees to be paid by the seller
08700 11 51 51 (uk) or +33 (0)5 53 60 84 88 (int)
Ask us anything - advice, book a viewing or more info
This superb property has been renovated to an excellent standard, combining charming original features with modern amenities to create a harmonious and agreeable family home. The grounds are well maintained: with a swimming pool, lawns and borders and several practical outbuildings.
Entering the generous hallway, the open plan kitchen and dining room is to the left, and leads through to a ground floor bedroom with private ensuite and separate WC. To the right are the split level lounges, with the study beyond and stone stairs to the master bedroom suite.
From the hallway, a second staircase leads to 2 generous bedrooms on either side of the first floor landing, both with en suite bathrooms. The staircase continues up to the second floor where the 5th bedroom occupies the whole of this upper floor
GROUND FLOOR ...
• Entrance hallway [10.6 m2] with doors to kitchen and upper lounge and stairs to upper floors
• Kitchen dining room [47m2] , L shaped with small corridor to
• Bedroom 1 [15.6m2] and shower room [4m2] and WC
• Upper lounge [23.4m2] with steps down to
• Lower lounge [27m2] with doorway to
• Study [20m2] with stone stairs to landing [13.3m2] and master bedroom suite
FIRST FLOOR ...
• Master bedroom [27m2] with bathroom suite [7m2]
• Main staircase to landing [13.3m2]
• 2 large bedrooms, one [23m2] with ensuite bathroom and the other [16m2] with ensuite shower room
SECOND FLOOR ...
• Bedroom 5. Created from the loft space, an open plan room with original round windows and velux. Electric heater
• Swimming pool [8x4m ] chlorine with pump house nearby
• Hangar [16m x 6.7m] open sided former tobacco drying barn
• Barn [150m2] ideal for storage and parking with inner store [3.5m2]
• Boiler room/ cellar [25m2] with boiler, oil tanks, water softener and plumbing
• Summer house [12.6m2] former bread oven for the village
• Lavoir [the old washing area] which fills with water to make a small pond
• Chai [150m2] set over 2 floors and attached to the house. Potential to create one or two gites
The property has business potential, as there are 3 ensuite bedrooms separate from the master suite, which could make ideal chambres d’hotes. In addition, the chai could be renovated to provide additional accommodation – either with separate access or connected to the main house.
The grounds are private and well maintained, having mature trees and lawns with an in-ground swimming pool and several outbuildings.
The hamlet is quiet and tranquil, with surrounding vineyards and rolling countryside. There is a modern doctors surgery, with a team of medical staff offering general medicine, physiotherapy, chiropody, spa treatment and psychotherapy.
Villages traditionally hold marché gourmands in the summer, and there are regular farmers markets. The nearest town is La Reole [8km], built on the banks of the Garonne river where there are supermarkets, restaurants, municipal swimming pool, hospital and schools etc. The SNCF railway station is here, and lies on the Bordeaux Toulouse line.
The nearest city is Bordeaux [70km] is accessible in under an hour by car: with opera, theatre and a myriad of other social and cultural opportunities. Bordeaux International airport[70km] operates internal flights, and others to the UK, Europe and further afield.* €795 000
agency fees to be paid by the seller