Réf : 119446TLO79
Magnificent 7-bedroom Château. Ideal family home & BnB/Events business, up-and-running. 3.8 acres near Niort.
Recently restored, this beautiful residence is a magnificent family home while offering a wealth of options for a special events/accommodation activity. The Château is already well-known locally and further afield due to its starring role on Ch4’s Escape to the Chateau DIY.
It has been renovated to a very high standard by the current owners, who have also worked hard to restore it to its rightful place in the hearts and life of the local community. Whilst preserving the original features, renovation work has included insulation, roof repairs, the creation of a self-contained Apartment and studio/gîte, together with its much-loved stylish Vintage Tea Room (fully licensed), Bed and Breakfast Suites and Artist's Barn. Architectural plans and permissions to create a further 6 gîtes, a restaurant and a large reception room have already been obtained.
Nearest Shops, schools etc : St Maixent L’École 4km
Airports: Poitiers 50km, La Rochelle 100km
TGV: Niort 27km, Poitiers 50km
Request for more information
Réf : 119446TLO79
With its exposed stone walls and stone staircase, beams, mouldings, tower and two large vaulted cellars, the many original features of this beautiful property will charm you, as well as the comforts offered by the recent improvements and the layout and decoration of the interior.
Just 30 mins from the main town of the Deux Sèvres region, Niort, the Château is ideally placed for exploring the region, with lots to see locally including the Marais Poitevin (Green Venice), Futuroscope and the beaches at the coast.
• Entrance Hall [28m2]
• Drawing Room [37m2] with wood-burning stove
• Kitchen [30m2] with Back-Kitchen with two further storage rooms
• Dining Room [21m2]
• Breakfast Room [32m2] used as the Vintage Tea-Room, with liquor license and conforming to requirements for receiving the public
• Two WCs, one of which is for disabled use
• The spacious Terrace looks over the grounds and is accessible from three Reception rooms as well as from the garden.
• Large Boot Room housing boiler.
• Self-contained Apartment [60m2] with double bedroom, living room and kitchen area, shower room and WC.
• Seven generous bedrooms, five with ensuite bathrooms.
• Fully-insulated large space of approx 200m2 with exposed beams/timbers and double height ceilings, with all utility connections and preparations made for the conversion of this former servants’ accommodation into a Master Suite with bathroom in the turret, kitchen and large living/dining room, plus second bedroom with shower room.
• Below the Chateau, a stone staircase leads to two large and wonderful vaulted stone wine-cellars, an old ‘laboratory’ or food-preparation area, and a further large room.
Architect's plans and permissions have been obtained for the creation of two reception rooms in the cellars, restaurant, kitchen and 2 WCs.
• Small lake with water-side wooden pavilion – perfect for picnics and apéritif
• A pretty studio-style gîte [37m2] in excellent condition with kitchenette, bathroom and WC.
• Various stone outbuildings around an interior courtyard including: stables, garage, cowsheds, and a large barn, all with Architect's plans and Planning Permission for the creation of 6 gîtes and a reception room/events room (which could accommodate 80-100 guests)
• Opposite the main Château building is a former dovecote, a hunting lodge and a wood-shuttered barn - the latter two perfect for the creation of dormitory-style accommodation – ideal for groups of touring cyclists etc.
Total land 15,441m2 (1.54 hectares or 3.8 acres).
- 821 500 € (HAI) agency fees to be paid by seller
This property has ...
- Wheelchair friendly
- Barns / outbuildings
- Private parking
- Character property
- Guest house / gite
- High speed internet
- Business potential
- Water on site
- Bed and Breakfast
- Hamlet property
- DPE - 161
- GES - 41