Réf : A07574 - EXCLUSIVITY LEGGETT
Elegant 18th century manor house 25 minutes North of Angoulême. Six bedrooms and numerous outbuildings.
Built in 1730 this elegant logis sits on the brow of a hill overlooking a charming village on the river Charente. The house and it's vast outbuildings, including two imposing barns and a beautiful pigeonnier tower are organised around a completely enclosed and private courtyard.
Benefiting from fiber internet and oil fueled central heating the house has been tastefully revived in recent years yet maintaining its charming original features such as the flagstone floor in the entrance hall, hardwood oak and chestnut floors throughout, high ceilings, marble fireplaces and an elegant spiral staircase that distributes all three levels.
Only 25 minutes North of the Beautiful city of Angoulême with main line train connections to Paris (2 hours) and Bordeaux (35 minutes), situates this property perfectly in the rolling French countryside.
Either as an impressive family home or an idyllique setting to imagine all of your events and tourism projects.
Request for more information
Réf : A07574 - EXCLUSIVITY
You can also call us at
08700 11 51 51 (UK)+33 (0)5 53 60 84 88 (INT)
9am - 8pm (GMT+1)from Monday to Saturday
The property in more detail...
MAIN HOUSE :
Ground floor :
- Grand Entrance hall : 28,5 m² with original flagstone floor and spiral staircase
- Utility room / cloakroom : 3,4 m² practical space under the stairs
- First living room : 28,2 m² marble fireplace, double aspect, large double doors opening on to the...
- Second living room : 32 m² marble fireplace, also double aspect
- Modern fitted kitchen : 33,5 m² with large charentaise fireplace
- Backroom/ hall : 8,1 m²
- Shower room : 4,2 m² with WC, Sink and shower
- Home office/ downstairs bedroom : 13,7 m² with large walk-in cupboard (2,4 m²)
First floor :
- Voluminous landing : 12,9 m² featuring the spiral staircase
- Family bathroom : 5,2 m²
- Long hallway : 27,9 m² distributing all of the bedrooms
- Bedroom 1 : 26,3 m² with a ensuite shower room (2,8 m²) with WC sink and shower, and a walk-in cupboard : 1,6 m²
- Bedroom 2 : 19,8 m²
- Dressing room/ storage room : 8,6 m² could become an ideal ensuite to bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3 : 21,9 m² with a marble fireplace
- Bedroom 4 : 19,9 m² with ensuite shower room (2,7 m²) WC, sink and shower
- Bedroom 5 : 8,2 m²
Second floor :
A full 170 m² square separated into 5 spaces, new electrics have been laid, aready and waiting to be transformed into additional living space.
Stunning views across the countryside.
- Cellar 1 : boiler room
- Cellar 2 : large wine cellar with high ceiling
OUTBUILDINGS : Roofs have been replaced over the original oak beam structures
- Two grand barns with new electrics and lighting. Very clean and ready to create event halls. Barn 1 : 164 m², Barn 2 : 247 m²
- Imposing pigeonnier tower and double gate with stables on either side.
- Cottages for renovation
- Large stone open barn
- Greenhouse / potting house
- Completely enclosed and private courtyard of around 1000 m². All of the outbuildings sit around this beautiful central piece
- Walled garden at the rear of the house with a feature pond and lovely views across the countryside.
- Beyond the courtyard and garden an extra 16 860 m² of pasture
Information about risks to which this property is exposed is available on the Géorisques website : https://www.georisques.gouv.fr
- 699 999 € (HAI)
- 4 % agency fees to be paid by buyer (670 000 € without fees)
This property has ...
- Barns / outbuildings
- Private parking
- Character property
- Suitable for horses
- Business potential
- Village property
Diagnostic de Performance Energétique
réalisé après le 1er juillet 2021
entre 5950 € et 8180 € pour 2021